Who are we looking for?
The Women Institute of Technology & Innovation (WITI) Diploma in Computer Science and Entrepreneurship Program targets female students who have finished Ugandan Secondary School (UACE) and did Science combination at A ‘level to complete a diploma in Computer Science, and provides help with financing. We are specifically looking to support female students who have limited means and could not otherwise afford to study at mainstream universities in computer science or technology related courses. The goal of the program is in line with the Vision of Women in Technology Uganda (WITU).
“To close the technological gender gap improve lives of women and girls” We want to support female students who want to break barriers in STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) careers.
Who is eligible?
You can apply in our 2023/2024 Cohort if you fulfil the following criteria:
3rd cohort 2023: Diploma Program Key Dates:
Early Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Final Deadline for applications: 31st March 2023.
Interviews and Selection for 3rd cohort: 3rd – 7th April, 2023
Semester 1, Start Date: April 24, 2023
Registration Fee: $50 USD (an equivalent of Ugx. 200,000, payable in installments over 2 years)
Application documents requirements:
– Recommendation letter from a responsible person who can testify about your academic ability
– Copy of UCE certificate or passlips
– Copy of UACE (A’level) Certificate or passlips
– Any other documents that can support your applications
– Copy of National ID
– An essay of 200-500 words about a selected topic as guided on the application form background.